There has been a lot of walking around here lately.  A lot more than usual.

We do live in quite a walkable town.

But we’ve got a longer walk to get ready for, you know. So it’s a lot more hours on the feet, more frequently.

Today was one of those days, complete with errands and appointments.  It helped that our errands and appointments in town today were spread out.  That forced us to get walking early.

It was also a great opportunity to test the rain gear that we have on hand (we’re still mulling over a couple of  items), plus check to see how the sock/shoe systems work while soaked (verdict: swimmingly).

The best part is that once the appointments were done and we were waiting for the shop to finish with the car, the walk delivered views like this:

We took the rainbow as a sign that our car was done at the shop.  Three hours later, we found that to not be true.  But four hours later, all was right.

That image was shot right after we stopped for our “lunch”.  I put “lunch” in quotation marks because we’re working on our feeding schedule on these walks, trying to stick to every 90 minutes or so for a snack, then keep moving.

This specific feeding was closest to noon, so that counted as “lunch”.

Just 90 minutes later, it was mid-afternoon and it was time for a break.  It had been raining pretty steadily and hard for several hours, not to mention all of the water blowing off of the trees in an increasing wind.  But we were comfortable.

Just a touch hungry.

As Goddess boiled the water for some hot tea, I snapped a couple of pics, which didn’t stop her from eating some of the salami and rehydrated veggies.  But her look here, a look that I did not notice at the time, is proof that if I didn’t act fast, I was not going to get any of it.

Now that’s what I call “hangry”.


4 thoughts on “Walking”

    1. Funny enough, I was thinking about you while we were walking yesterday and I was formulating this post in my brain.


      Much like long-course tri training, it's time on the feet, even if we aren't actively hiking.  We were sitting in this photo, but that was about it.  Once we got back down into town, we stopped at a few businesses that had seating available.  We chose to continue standing.  I like the places that have the tall tables with stools.


      Hopefully all is well with you, Tea


      Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 at 6:30 AM

  1. Just to let you know that last year (2014) on the trail was a hiker whose trail name was, wait, wait, yup, you guessed it, “hangry”. Sincerely, Tartan PCT 2014. P.S. I also like your feeding schedule. For me on trail I’d eat breakfast at 6 AM (cereal), first morning snack at 8 AM (typically two Clif bars), second morning snack at 10 AM ( typically two granola bars), lunch at 10 Noon (sausage, chips, cheese and possibly an apple), afternoon snack at 2 PM (typically candy), end hiking between 3-4, and dinner at 5-6 PM (hot). HYOH.

    1. Tartan,


      That doesn't surprise me at all.  It's easy to get that way, especially eating all of the simple sugars that are available at the town stores.


      Thanks for stopping by!


      Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s